Childbirth Education Classes
Every woman, pregnancy and labor is unique. Understanding the birth process and developing coping strategies will empower you to create your own birth vision and story, and will allow for a more comfortable and satisfying birth experience. We provide a mind-body centered childbirth preparation series. Rooted in the Birth Arts International philosophy of pregnancy, birth and early parenting, these classes will ensure that you feel prepared for the changes that you will experience during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period. They will empower you with the confidence and tools to ensure that your baby’s entrance into the world goes smoothly.
This is a comprehensive course. Classes consist of discussions, video, demonstrations, and practice. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy, Labor, Birth and Postpartum
- Prenatal exercises and nutrition
- Third trimester issues: normal discomforts, remedies, physical intimacy, and preparation for birth
- Signs and Stages of Labor
- Technology, medication and intervention: making informed choices
- Extensive Comfort and pain management options, including breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, techniques, acupressure, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization, and visualization
- Active labor, pushing, and what happens in the first hours after baby’s birth
- Emotional and physical support during labor
- Movement and positioning during labor and birth
- Understanding medical interventions and their indications, risks and alternatives
- How to communicate with your healthcare provider
- Creating an optimal birth environment
- Developing a birth plan
- Breastfeeding and newborn needs
- Postpartum Health
*If you are considering placenta encapsulation services, please note that we offer packages combining our private childbirth education classes and/or placenta encapsulation services.
We provide group, private and semi-private childbirth preparation classes. We also offer classes based on topics of your choice for an hourly rate. Contact us at email@example.com for more information and rates.